Sunday, August 4, 2013

Hello!



Hello y’all! On August 24, 2013, I will begin a 10 ½ month service term with Service Adventure in Anchorage, Alaska. Throughout the year, I will regularly post reflections, thoughts, photographs, and updates pertaining to my experience in Alaska.

First a little background on the program that I will be in. Service Adventure is a program of Mennonite Mission Network and gives participants the opportunity to live in community, serve others, and grow spiritually. I will live in a unit house with three other young adults my age and one leader. We will share many of the responsibilities of communal living, such as cooking, shopping, and finances. My job placement – where I will work during my service term – is with the Bureau of Land Management. I anticipate doing outdoor work like trail maintenance, bridge repair, or grooming ski trails. Through this year I hope to deepen my faith and discipleship, work with the challenges and joys of living in community, serve others, and have a great time in a new and excite place!

Though I expect to fully dive in to the Anchorage community, I still look forward to keeping in touch with those back home and elsewhere. My contact information for this year (beginning August 24, 2013 and ending July 13, 2014) is as follows:

1310 W 47th Ave
Anchorage, Alaska
99503

phone: 907-770-7743
email: mrkreider@cox.net

I’d appreciate communication in any form: email, replies to this blog, or – best of all – letters in the mail.

my new state of residence

I am pumped to embark on this adventure! Thank you for all your interest, support, and prayers.

-Mark


No comments:

Post a Comment