Saturday, May 17, 2014

We Have a Tuned Piano!


The piano tuner at work
After what seems like a much too lengthy and arduous process, there is finally a tuned piano in the Anchorage Service Adventure house. To make a long story short, for a while we had two pianos, but both were out of tune (you can read more about this and hear some piano pieces here). I recently managed to sell the worse of the two pianos, thereby financing a tuning for the second, higher quality instrument. And six months after I begun the quest for a better piano, we finally have one! To say the least, it has been an extra joy to play pieces on it – chords sound much better and it gives a new life and vibrancy to pieces. Though it may not sound like it's tuned on your speakers, trust me! To celebrate, I thought I’d share a couple pieces I’ve been working on as of late. Enjoy!

 
Prelude Op. 11 No. 5, Andante Cantabile - Scriabin

Prelude in E-flat Major, Op. 23, No. 6 - Rachmaninoff

No comments:

Post a Comment